When you are deciding what care home to visit, there are the following organisations and agencies who may be able to provide you with a list of registered care homes in your area including:
- Social Services www.kent.gov.uk
- National Care Association www.nationalcareassociation.org.uk Tel: 01634 716615
- Kent Integrated Care Alliance www.kica.care Tel: 01634 291073
- The Elderly Accommodation Counsel www.eac.org.uk Tel: 020 7820 1322
- Age UK www.ageuk.org.uk Tel: 0800 055 6112
Care Homes are regulated by an independent body the ‘Care Quality Commission’ (CQC). The Care Quality Commission inspects all registered care homes and completes an in-depth report on the home and care provided which is published on their website www.cqc.org.uk (See CQC ratings).